While the solution is more important than the tool, certain technologies have a strong track record of getting the job done. Below are some of the tools that have worked well in the past.
- 4D SQL v11 Server — the core engine is a database that allows for web, single machine, or client/server development.
- MySQL — open source software at the heart of many web applications
- HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS — validated, of course. Simple clean reports and web pages help convey your message clearly.
- PDF — the standard in virtual paper. This can be manually generated or directly created from your online data resources.
- WordPress — open source customizable blogging software. It can also be used for content management and group collaboration.
- MyBB — great forums software, when you need to take group discussion past what blog comments can provide. Forums can be set with a variety of public/private settings for your group.
- PHP, Python for scripting
- Database design and consulting
- Website and user interface design
- Project auditing
- Network upgrades and machine purchasing, hardware scoping for special server needs, on site installation
- Data conversion
- Web site hosting
- Email and mail services
- End User training